Having a more global and diverse workforce makes us a more innovative and agile company and better attuned to the needs of our customers, health care providers and patients who ultimately use our products.
A Diversity & Inclusion Council, chaired by the Managing Director, Australia and New Zealand, was established in 2014 to define, develop and drive diversity and inclusion strategies across the business.
The council’s vision is for all MSD employees to experience a workplace that respects and values diversity and inclusion. MSD is committed to focusing on gender equality and unconscious bias as primary focus areas. MSD is committed to having gender on the agenda and proactively taking action to identify and address barriers that prevent people entering and progressing in our organisation. Mental health and culture/origin are focus areas for awareness and education.
Here are some of our key current initiatives:
- Membership of and contribution to diversity networks.
- A leading flexible workplace culture supported by a comprehensive policy offering and the activity-based work environment at our head office in Sydney. Read about our best practice case study featured by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency here
- Training and other methods to cultivate mental health awareness.
- The highlighting and celebrating of key diversity events including A Taste of Harmony, close the Gap, International Women’s Day and R U OK? Day.
- The provision of exceptional benefits for care givers, including parental leave and additional leave that can be used flexibly.